The City of West Covina, like many other cities on San Gabriel Valley and California, started as home to livestock, agriculture and farmers. Nowadays it is a rapidly expanding city that attracts auto dealers, large shopping centers and chain restaurants.
The beginnings of west Covina are related to those of Alhambra and can be traced back to the establishment of the San Gabriel Archangel Mission (a Roman Catholic Mission founded by the Spanish priest Junípero Serra of the Franciscan Order) on the region in 1771, Five years before the US independence, a time where the territory of California was still under Spanish rule. The mission then was granted the principal land within present West Covina boundaries.
74 years later, in 1845, in the wake of the 1845 U.S. annexation of Texas and the preamble of the so called American-Mexican War, Governor Pico sold much of what we now Know as West Covina to John Rowland and William Workman.
By this time, the region of the city had become a place where walnut groves and orange groves flourished.
The growth of the city continued through the war and the end of the century. It took another 63 years, until 1908, for the first city roads including Cameron, Merced, Orange, Service and Vine to come into existence.
The City of West Covina was officially incorporated in 1923 to prevent the City of Covina from establishing a sewage farm within the current city boundaries. The residents of the area (around 507) where more interested in maintain local control of their land and preventing the establishment of a sewage facility, and not as much in creating a city.
That population of around 505 continued to grow. by 1930 it was of 769, then it blossomed to 1549 in 1940.
The success of the US and its allies in World War II caused a big building boom in West Covina. The city began the second half of 20th century with lots of new developments and projects, mostly brought on by big business.
The City Hall and Police facility were built in 1969 as the first phase of an example of a Joint Powers Authority in the County of Los Angeles. The Civic Center Joint Powers Authority, consisting of the County of Los Angeles and the City of West Covina, also completed a three-level parking structure in the Civic Center complex. The Civic Center complex includes the Los Angeles County Regional Library and the Citrus Municipal Court building and the City offices.
With the development of the city, fast transportation became more and more important for its residents. Today, transportation remains a key part for the economy of the city and the whole region of San Gabriel Valley.
Taxi Yellow Cab of San Gabriel Valley has the best transportation and taxi services in West Covina, as well as more than 30 cities of San Gabriel Valley and surroundings.
In Taxi Yellow Cab of San Gabriel, we believe in transportation as a key aspect to the growth of cities, as well as the nation’s economy. We connect people living, working and traveling to:
La Puente, City of Industry, Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, Diamond Bar, Walnut, West Covina, Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, Azusa, Irwindale, Baldwin Park, Duarte, San Marino, Monrovia, Arcadia, San Gabriel, South Pasadena, Alhambra, Rosemead, Monterey Park, El Monte.
In West Covina we’re the best professional transport service offering medical and private solutions for traveling to Hospitals, Clinics, Medical Office Facilities, School Districts, Insurance Companies, Ambulatory, Access Services, Regional Centers Accounts, Corporations, Industry, Hotels, Motels, Law Firms, Government Agencies and more. Experienced drivers only and a work environment drug free.
Call us now 1 (800) 560 1232 or book a cab online https://goo.gl/aAXMeG, test our driver’s skills today from West Covina and get the best experience for transportation in San Gabriel Valley and Surroundings.